Sunday, April 25, 2010

TARDIS 2.5


Tardis
2.5" x 3.5"
Block Print
Open Edition

4/25/10

I decided to do another Tardis, with no background, like the Dalek, but didn't feel like cutting a 3rd, so I simply removed the background of the Tardis Version 2. So this is a limited print run of 10.
Here are the steps to printing:

Step 1.
I cut up Arches 140 lb hot press paper.
I'm using Speedball water soluble ink, I squeeze out on a sheet of glass.



Step 2.
I roll out the ink using a brayer. I roll it until its smooth.

Step 3.
Roll it evenly over the stamp.

Step 4.
Place it in the press, with a piece of paper over it, obviously.

Step 5.
Press.
Obviously.

Step 6.
Pull apart carefully. At 1st I was pulling the paper off the stamp while it was still sitting in the press, which caused several uneven prints. Live and learn.



And there you have it.





No comments: